Through Loving Times, Through The Dark Times of Harry Potter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Set Loosely Around The HBP era

HomeSneakOScope GalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Contact Admin
Or
Owl[Pm]
Via the site

Latest topics
» After the Full Moon
Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 5:08 am by Nymphadora Tonks

» Pure Hatred
Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:41 pm by Bellatrix Lestrange

» Who is your favorite character?
Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:18 pm by Cho Chang

» The Three Broomsticks
Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:36 pm by Cho Chang

» Role-Playing Rules & Regulations - Bebo.
Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:06 pm by Albus Dumbledore

» Remus Lupin & Nymphadora Tonks' Wedding
Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:04 pm by Albus Dumbledore

» Luna Lovegood
Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 7:24 pm by Nymphadora Tonks

» Which Role play site would you rather join?
Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 4:51 pm by Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody

» At Long Last!!
Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:25 am by Albus Dumbledore

Top posters
Nymphadora Tonks
Browsing... For A Book. Vote_lcapBrowsing... For A Book. Voting_barBrowsing... For A Book. Vote_rcap 
Professor R J Lupin
Browsing... For A Book. Vote_lcapBrowsing... For A Book. Voting_barBrowsing... For A Book. Vote_rcap 
Lily-Evans
Albus Dumbledore
Draco Malfoy
Bellatrix Lestrange
Ginny Weasley
Hermione Granger
Alice Armstrong
Yaxley
Vote for Sneakoscope.com
Harry Potter Topsites
Promotional Link
Sneakoscope
Magic is Might
Gallery
Browsing... For A Book. Empty
Werewolf Warning
CURRENT MOON

Browsing... For A Book.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:
Browsing... For A Book. Left_bar_bleue100/100Browsing... For A Book. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:08 pm

Professor Dumbledore walked into Flourish & Blotts book-store humming a merry little tune. He walked in to be greeted by the bookseller who had met Harry Potter in his 3rd year when he wished to purchase The Monster Book of Monsters. "Hello," Albus said, returning the greeting. After a slight conversation with Mr. Flourish (or Mr. Blott, Albus could never tell the difference!) Professor Dumbledore turned back to his browsing of books. He was looking for a particular book, a version of The Tales of The Three Brothers As Told By Beatrix Bloxam. Copies were scarce and not particularly easy to find because her version was somewhat delerious, as Dumbledore thought himself. He had been searching for this copy for a while, as he was making an arrangement and making notes on all of the books on the series together.

Last edited by Albus Dumbledore on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cho Chang

Cho Chang

Character sheet
Job: Head Girl
Health:
Browsing... For A Book. Left_bar_bleue99/100Browsing... For A Book. Empty_bar_bleue  (99/100)

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:14 pm

It just so happened that Cho was visiting Florish & Blots on the same day as her schools headmaster she was accomnying her Mother who was looking for a book on Magical Garden pests Cho was susprise to see Dumbledore her he was rarely seen outside of school . The headmaster was a mysterious character with secrets everyone knew that so Cho was intregued at what book the Headmaster was currently Examining it semmed to be near the section containing books for younger reader surley this were way beyond his reading level Cho slowly stepped toward the Headmaster and looked at the selfs
"Afternoon Professor"
She mumbled slightly scared of his reaction to her approaching him in public the he know that she was once a member of his army Dumbledore's Army.
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:
Browsing... For A Book. Left_bar_bleue100/100Browsing... For A Book. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Albus continued browsing and did not look at Cho. "Good Afternoon, Miss Chang." He was examing the 'B' section very intently and seemed to be very intrigued at the fact the shop did not indeed stock the book. "I trust you are well?" he quizzed, looking to her and smiling warmly as he usually did. His blue eyes looking like a calm ocean.
Back to top Go down
Cho Chang

Cho Chang

Character sheet
Job: Head Girl
Health:
Browsing... For A Book. Left_bar_bleue99/100Browsing... For A Book. Empty_bar_bleue  (99/100)

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:55 pm

Cho smiled it seemed as dumbledore had a calming effect on everyone he meet
"yes Thank you and you are you well professor" she asked
her eyes scanning the selves to see what he had been looking at It seemed as if it was something to do with the three brother wasn't that an old wizading fairy tale maybe he wasn't looking at that.
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:53 pm

"I am, of course, very well, Miss Chang," he said. He saw a seperate book by Beatrix Bloxam but paid no attention to it nor took it out of the shelf. He looked further down the aisle. "I trust you are not joining any illegal societies or clubs?" he looked to her and chuckled. Looking back at the shelf. "Dumbledore's Army... Very honoured at the name. Completely creative and very descriptive of what the Ministry - that is to say Cornelius Fudge - feared at the time."
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Job: Order of the Pheonix
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:37 pm

(Does anyone mind if Tonks enters? I was imagining her walking in about to return some odd titled book and then seeing Albus and a girl she didn't really know. Will that be alright?)
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:56 pm

( Go for it! My ideal was either you, Remus, Harry or Alice joining anyway! )
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:00 pm

Tonks walked in carrying some kind of book that was moving and growling like a cat beneath her arm. "Oh pipe down." She hissed at it before slamming it on the desk of Mr. Flourish. "Hello there, sir. I am here to return this." When he took it she thanked him before turning around to see Proffessor Dumbledore. "Proffesor? Proffesor Dumbledore?" She said, looking shocked. She smiled brightly at the man she hadn't seen since Remus resigned.
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:12 pm

"Nymphadora! - Or Tonks, or whatever it is you like to be called these days. It is a pleasure to see you. I seemed to have missed you everytime I enter the house your Mother grew up in," meaning Number 12, Grimmauld Place. "I've been hearing good things, of course, from Remus about you. Then again, you are of course belonging to the House of Fair-Game, Hard-Work and Good Virtue... Hufflepuff."

He walked past Cho, smiling at her as a signal to say 'Goodbye' and over to Tonks. "I trust that you are well?" he asked, tucking into his robes and taking ut a brown bag. "Sherbert Lemon? Muggle sweets, I'm quite fond of them." He said taking one and holding the bag out to Tonks.

Last edited by Albus Dumbledore on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:19 pm

She laughed softly and said "As am I. Thank you, sir." She reached a gloved hand into the small brown bag and pulled out another Sherbert Lemon before nibbling on the edges. "Anywho, I am not surprised that Remus has made more contact with you then me. I have been running back and forth trying to help multiple people. Mostly, though, I have been by myself just wandering the streets or sitting by a lake somewhere. I apologize that I didn't get a chance to come see you recently. I have had time, I guess it just slipped my mind." She said, shaking her head which was currently the color of a grape.
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:24 pm

"Oh not at all, it's very rarely the case where I get to wander off myself. If you'll excuse me - I am a naturally talented and famous individual, meaning I have less-time for my own wishes... but to not think completely would be selfish. And I do not like to be selfish," he said tucking the Sherbert Lemons back into his robe, currently sucking on one and smiling. "After very many times of eating these, everytime they are still slightly sour..." he chuckled, lightening the mood. "Yes, I speak with Remus often; a well-placed heart, Remus has. Werewolves - excuse me - most werewolves are very misunderstood. Few exceptions exist such as with Fenrir Greyback. Lycanthropy is a horrible illness, but it does not automatically mean a person is mentally unstable and diseased," he said. Albus knew the right words to say, to not insult but to try and make others feel better, hoping he had accomplished such.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:32 pm

"Please Albus..." She said when he started on Werewolves but he kept going. "Proffessor...." She said quietly, but he kept going. Finally she squeezed her eyes shut as her hair flamed a vibrant beautiful red and she shouted "Proffessor!!!" She sighed, opening her eyes and she whispered "Lupin may not mind you talking to him about those matters but I get...sensitive when they are spoken of. Every time you mention Werewolf to anybody, wether they are magic or muggle, they automatically think a large scary monsterous beast that howls at the moon. Remus John Lupin is not that. So please do not use his name and the word 'Werewolf' together, especially not in front of me." She sighed and closed her eyes again as the red in her hair faded to a dark pinkish purple.
Back to top Go down
Professor R J Lupin
Admin
Admin
Professor R J Lupin

Character sheet
Job: Order member DADA professor
Health:
Browsing... For A Book. Left_bar_bleue30/100Browsing... For A Book. Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:42 pm

The bell rang on the door as they spoke, someone else entered the shop, it was Remus. He huddled himself in his cloak. He didn't see either Tonks or Albus as he walked in, but after a few minutes of browsing..the shop he heard their familiar voices. He heard snippets of their conversation.. werewolves, he heard his name mentions and listened to what Tonks told Albus ".. monster?"
Back to top Go down
https://sneakoscope.rpg-board.net
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:45 pm

Albus heard the voice from behind, and looked around to see Remus standing there. "I'm off to see if the bookkeeper has the book I'm looking for, it seems to be impossible to find," he said and wandered off innocently to let the two speak; he realised he had gotten them stuck at an awkward position. He wandered over and whispered something to the book-keeper who nodded and left the area. Albus pretended to be looking for a book, when actually, his curiousity was getting the better of him.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:52 pm

Tonks glared at the ground before turning towards the bookshelves and searching for a new book, which is what she came in here originally to do. While she did this, she muttered things to herself like she always did when she was angry. "Stupid legends about werewolves and monsters. Trying to scare everyone into thinking they don't have emotions or feelings. They just have a temper. If the people who got in werewolf attacks would just leave it alone, none of this would happen. Remus is not a monster. When he turns into a werewolf all you have to do is give him some meat and back off. Thats it. He would never hurt anybody unless he thought they were going to hurt him. So stupid!" She whispered as she searched the walls for any kind of odd titled book that looked interesting enough to read.
Back to top Go down
Professor R J Lupin
Admin
Admin
Professor R J Lupin

Character sheet
Health:
Browsing... For A Book. Left_bar_bleue30/100Browsing... For A Book. Empty_bar_bleue  (30/100)

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:56 pm

Remus knew Tonks meant not halm, but he himself hated the title of werewolf, which was why he refered it to his condition, seeing it more as a illness, a curse

".. Nice to see you Albus.." he said watching him walking over to the book keeper. He let a sigh go, feeling as if he had done something for Albus to just leave without saying a hello. Remus actually wanted to ask Albus for help, but he could see Albus wasn;t having done it.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:59 pm

Tonks gasped and shut her mouth when she heard the alluring familiar voice. She quickly changed her hair to a bleach blonde so she would look like any other person before sneaking over to one of the corners with just a random book and facing her back to Remus, pretending to read while she eavesdropped on their conversation, wondering if he noticed her mutterings.
Back to top Go down
Professor R J Lupin
Admin
Admin
Professor R J Lupin

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:03 pm

Remus stood there looking as if someone had just come by and slapped him around the chops. He had been standing next to her after Ablus rudely left, now Tonks was giving the cold shoulder. Has he missed something, had something happened involving the werewolves to think he was part of it..how it looked..

He looked at her and narrowed his eyes before taking a book off the shelf, in the potions isle before going to the door to leave.
Back to top Go down
Albus Dumbledore
Mod
Mod
Albus Dumbledore

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:05 pm

"Nice to see you also, Remus. I was told you wished to speak to me," he asked, indicating the seats that sat in the corner of the bookstore that was rather secluded from the rest of the store, a good place to have a chat in private. Albus was merely trying to give Remus and Tonks some time to speak alone, but as Tonks did not seem to wish to speak to Remus he wondered what he had wanted him for in the first instance, which he had heard from Alastor.
Back to top Go down
Professor R J Lupin
Admin
Admin
Professor R J Lupin

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:09 pm

".. I never said anything about talking to you Albus.. or anyone" he said looking rather puzzled. He had just about to open the door with the book under his arm~
other looks as they heard their voices, specially the shop keeper..

"I need to go.. I have things to do.." he wasn't lying he was going to try and do something to help his future, but then he wanted to ask Albus for a job... seeing as he had no money to his name..
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Tonks looked up at Remus with worried eyes. What was wrong with him? What was wrong with her? She was hiding from her love because she was afraid he would get mad at her for getting mad at Albus. She was only trying to stick up for him. She hated how people looked upon werewolves. How people looked upon Remus. She saw the way most people looked at Remus. Oh, look at that ex-proffessor. He is so poor now! Isn't he a werewolf? He doesn't look dangerous. He looks like a wimp. Thats what everyone looked like they were thinking when they talked to Remus, except for the people that knew him. The people that knew him looked like they felt sorry for him. She hated it! She wondered what she looked like she was thinking when she looked at him.
Back to top Go down
Professor R J Lupin
Admin
Admin
Professor R J Lupin

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:23 pm

He turned the handle of the door, not giving a hoot if the shopskeeper was watching. He just wanted to get out of the shop, get away from all the pairs of eyes, whispers. He felt rather rebelish, thinking why should he keep trying so hard to be something he is not, why not give them what they want a beast, the filth of the world. His voice had became more rough and horse.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:27 pm

Tonks was about to cry from the horrid look on Remus's face. He looked terribly sad or angry or both. She put her gloved hand over her mouth and chewed on her fingernails, wondering what she should do. She just wanted him to feel better. She hated seeing him like this. It hurt her more then it hurt him.
Back to top Go down
Professor R J Lupin
Admin
Admin
Professor R J Lupin

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:30 pm

He turned and finally left the shop, slamming the door after him, and taking the potions book..
He stormed down the cobbled path and turned a sharp corner that let up to some bodies house.
He leaned against the wall breathing deeply, but he tried to ignore his racing heart, looking down at the book. He wanted to try and brew his own potions, to be more independant seeing as Severus was nowhere to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Nymphadora Tonks
Mod
Mod
Nymphadora Tonks

Character sheet
Health:

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:36 pm

Tonks looked at Albus for a long moment before taking the book she wanted, buying it from Mr. Flourish before walking at a normal pace out of the book store. Her hair was still blonde and she slowed her walking when she passed Remus as if she didn't realize he was in the bookstore at all. She stopped and turned around. "Oh, Hello Remus. Is something wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browsing... For A Book.   Browsing... For A Book. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Browsing... For A Book.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Through Loving Times, Through The Dark Times of Harry Potter :: Out Of Grounds :: Diagon Alley-
Jump to: